My 8 month old beats me up...im serious

My daughter likes to hit...really hard. I think its because she's excited...but she will beat the crap outta me sometimes. She'll even pull my hair. Is this normal? How can I teach her to be "nice"? Keep in mind she's only 8 months...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if a child hears and sees physical habits arund him or her they will pick it up. sometimes they just don't know how to react and they shake. see how she responds to excitement oppse to not getting her way. if she reacts to the bad then she problay picked it up somewhere. break the habit now. good luck!
    jerseygirltease

Answer by jerseygirltease at 9:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• ive seen people do it back and it works for them like if they pull ur hair you do it as well not hard like abuse but enought for them to get the point
    Anonymous

• My son loves to pull my hair HARD. I make a super sad face and say, "That hurts mommy" and pull his hair, but not hard. Just so he knows its not a toy. He's getting the point finally!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• my daughter used to bite. so i bit her back. so she bit me back, hard. at my wits end i laid on the floor and cried. a lot. (fake of course) when she crawled up to console me, i'd roll over and not let her touch me. it took about 10 minutes but she never bit me or anyone else again.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• you might need supernanny, really though, are you putting her in time out or making consequences if she does it and when she does it, children need rules to follow and guide them into making the right choices, which is my opinion in raising my two stepchildren who are wonderful intelligent kids, taking away video games, TV, computer etc. to get your point across did wonders for us.
    Shel6

Answer by Shel6 at 5:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I say you beat her up right back....yeah that will teach her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I would ask your doctor because I think at 8 months it's too young to try to punish them with any means such as time outs or hitting her back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I dont think you should hit her back in my personal opinion, but i do think that showing that you are hurt by it, and then refuse to let them touch you for a few minutes, will help them understand,that it hurts mommy, because at that age, they dont know better, this is when you begin to really start teaching them right from wrong.
    ddsmommi

Answer by ddsmommi at 11:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I agree with ddsmommi. Mine never did this but she would try to pull my glasses off. I had to use the word "No" a lot and eventually you knew that "No" meant something.
    rosesharon

Answer by rosesharon at 11:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2008