Veterans Administration! adult content

I am a 100% service-connected disabled Veteran. Permanent and Total and Individually Unemployable. I get a call to from the crap VA saying they will no longer fill my Rx's because they found out I went out and purchased BC & BS insurance for myself, which I pay through the fanny for. So, now I have to pay $1,000 a month for copays for my monthly medication. I am beyond pissed. Anyone ever have this problem with the crap VA?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• VA told my grandpa he was ok when he told them he was having chest pains, this man had several heart attacks. they sent him home to die. so i do understand your frustration
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• why would you get insurance when you're covered through the VA? my dh is covered through them now, he doesn't need insurance, but me and our children do. i think technically he's covered cuz it's the "family coverage", but if he needs to be seen we write that he's through the VA. never had that problem, GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• So far no. They do ask me every time I am there if I have insurance, which I reply no. They are absolutely wonderful here at Mountain Home, but that does not mean there are no problems. Many of my Vet friends are struggling.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I was admitted and after 7 failed attempts to get an IV started, they allowed my friend who is an RN, but not for the VA to start my IV! There was a dead mouse in bathroom, which I could not use because I shared the room with a man with HIV. Also, they had no shower chair or grab bars. Pure and total crap. I wish they would close this place down. You think Walter Reed looked bad? You should see the stuff this place has. The local joke is that they bury their mistakes. The ER is under renovation, so now an ambulance has to pull up at the old ER entrance then they have to push the pt to the other end of the building, go up four floors in an elevator, and them turn back and go back to the end that is over the old ER doors! It will be this way for the next 18 months. Pure crap. If you don't come in by an ambulance, you have to walk that far, great for someone with chest pains? Yeah, they find the person dead!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• The VA can be absolutely horrible. I don't see how they can cut off your benefits, though. My husband is 80% service-connected, having been medically retired at 70% from the military, so we have TRICARE standard still and they haven't said anything about not getting him his medication. I think you need to raise some hell. Write to your governor and congressmen, too.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 7:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010