what do you say to someone who...

is not excited about becoming pregnant?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd say they should give the baby up for adoption, if they're not going to love thier child
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• "I understand!"

I have yet to be excited about my pregnancy - to be honest I cried for weeks when I found out... I went through this all 3 times... So, I completely understand!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Be supportive of her feelings. She just needs a friend right now. It's hard not to get more excited as the pregnancy comes to term. Hopefully she'll warm up to the idea.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 6:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I understand. Let it set in. Let them adjust and get used to it and feel that kick.. Wait for those hormones to start working!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• well, to be honest, when I first found out I was Preggers, I was depressed. Then, my FAVORITE cousin (he's a month younger than I am, and a daddy of 2) came over and said, "I hear congrats are in order." and I said, "I guess...not really happy about it though." And he looked at me and said, "a baby is a joy no matter what." and ever since then that's what I tell everyone.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• just try to be supportive of them
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'd understand. Some people are scared about the pregnancy, uncertain about their ability to parent, etc. Not everyone is going to be thrilled to be pregnant, that doesn't mean that they won't be an excellent mother.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would tell them that I am there to talk if they ever need anyone to talk, too. I'd also explain to them that it happens to a lot of women. Then, I would ask them if they had thought about names, and offer to go shopping with them to look at baby stuff. I'd even offer to help them with decorating the babies room, and talk about baby stuff with them. Maybe, I could help them get a little excited.
    FuntographyKim

Answer by FuntographyKim at 6:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010