Is there any other way of fighting DHS?

After my grandfather died in Jan I got myself into a deep depression and refused to clean my house. DHS came in and I cleaned up the house and we were assigned a caseworker who was supposed to show up every week since. She didnt show up for 3 months then showed up on Aug 12. Gave my fiance and I 24 hours to get the house in order. Came back on August 20th and took my son due to an inability to maintain a clean and safe environment for my son. Yes my house had issues, needed to be vacuumed and trash taken out but we have no bugs and Will has always been taken care of. Never been sick other than a stomach bug. Since Will has been taken I vacuum 3 times a day, trash is immediately taken out, dishes done immediately, floor slept right after dishes are done, closets organized house decluttered. I have done everything she has asked, she has admited that she believes her not showing up is why our house got bad. 10-5 is court. Any adv

ashes_leigh

Asked by ashes_leigh at 6:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Make sure you have pictures for court, and be prepared to explain how you intend to keep your house in order going forward. What a situation, I hope things turn out well for you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Thanks, its been extremely difficult especially with the case worker telling me that she just doesnt think 21 is old enough to raise a baby properly. Since he was taken we got our house spotless and I have to grab her by her hand to look at anything past the living room. Its been a fight with the caseworker. When she took my son I asked her if there was anything I could do to keep will and she laughed and then very rudely said no. The case worker has even told her supervisor that the house is in order but she doesnt want us to have will because we are just too young. Its very upsetting because she is openly using her personal opinions against us and thats illegal. My attorney believes that with the difference in our house that we will be able to get him back on 5th of october. She also recommended me to sue the case worker for slander. My case worker was supposed to be out once a week since the end of april and we saw her 3x
    ashes_leigh

Comment by ashes_leigh (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would make out a list/schedule of every cleaning task you're going to do every day and show pictures of your house now. Make it SPOTLESS. Show them a system you're going to use to keep your house clean. Then, maintain it, even after you get your son back. Best of luck! Where is he now?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Just keep doing what you're doing and things will get better. You will get your son back when they see you are keeping you house up.sorry about your grandfather.
    brooklynsmom40

Answer by brooklynsmom40 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• He is with a foster care family. My attorney said the case worker should have placed him with family but didnt start the process until 2 weeks after he was taken for him to get placed with Family. I get a 1 hour visit 1 time a week. At least its better than nothing. Yes I am young and yes I have a lot of life lessons to learn however I am a good momma. I take care of my son. I put him first and my house didnt have roaches like one of my friends and she still has her kids and shes a known alcoholic. I feel singled out.
    ashes_leigh

Comment by ashes_leigh (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• DHS are nothing more than home grown terrorists. They put the parents through HELL then want to accuse them of harming the children? What about the trauma they cause stealing the child from their parent. She had NO right to do it as she did NOT have a court order to remove the child. She HAD to go to court first. Contact your state's bureau of investigation. My youngest child was removed for medical intervention because I refused to go against my religious beliefs and drug him on psychotic medication. (later we learned my son had a potasium deficiency and just needed ...well, guess what? potasium!). I went through TBI and within a VERY SHORT time my son was returned. It turned out that the county this happened in was placed under investigation. That year alone they had removed over 2,500 children whereas the other counties in the state had 50-60 for that year. Needless to say, LOTS of children were returned in that county.

MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Keep your house clean do what they say listen to your lawyer they did the same thing to me when my oldest was born till she was 4 years old they tried to take her all because I was 17 when I had her !
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Take dated pictures every day. Make a cleaning schedule and check it off when done. Keep them by the weeks. Take them all in a binder to court. Take your calendar and mark every visit that was made by the CW, and keep documenting all of her comments to you in a notebook.

I am a foster parent and it infuriates me that your child was taken for this pettiness. You sound like you are taking the better position of "playing by the book" which is good strategy until court. The CW is being out of line. 21 is plenty old enough to raise a child. I have a friend who had a child at 14, married the father, had another child 6 years later, and today at 29 has a very respectful 15 y/o son and 9 y/o daughter, and still married to their father. CW doesn't know what she's talking about. I'm so sorry you've been put thru this.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010