Have any of you ladies ever given a tea party for your freinds? If so can you give me some ideas?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 6:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I did a tea party w/ a spring theme once. Lots of flowers and spring colored decorations. I had matching cups and saucers because that is what I had. Now I think I would hit resale shops for lots of different ones and let everyone make up a story on where they think their cup came from. You can serve finger foods if you want more of a luncheon. Or cheat and get pre made hoagies and sandwiches and slice them real thin and take the crust off the sandwiches. Another idea is fancy cookies like lady fingers or tiny ladylocks, petit fours or little chocolates. If you have the teapots offer different teas also.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We did a Mad Hatter's tea party for my daughter's baby shower. I went to yard sales and flea markets and bought very pretty and inexpensive tea cups and saucers, and tea pots. Each guest received a tea cup and saucer with a petit four in it enclosed in tulle in baby colors. The tea pots were set around for decoration plus we used some as centerpieces with flowers in them on the tables. My daughter was really pleased with it.
    kbpegasus

Answer by kbpegasus at 6:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I took my friends to tea restruants but they are expensive.The restruant had victorian decor and played victorian/classical music.We sat at small tables,with beige lace tablecloths under candlelight and small lamps it gave off a cozy feel.We ate many assortment of tea sandwiches off a tier dessert tray that looked like from the 40's.We had a pot of tea,our tea cups,saucers and a vase of roses on the table.When people go to one of these they get dressed up,wearing a summer like dress.One time I wore a big brim hat with the other moms as we had a tea party at our moms club.Desserts are small dainty little things like a cookie sized cheesecake slice,or you can buy specialty cookies from a bakery.I always liked orange spice,jasmine or mint tea for my teas.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 7:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• we threw my mom tea party for her baby shower...there was a place in town that was called lisas tea party so we rented out the building it was supper nice they had little things to munch and tea and cookies..and they also had a main meal it was a light meal just like chicken and veggis.. it was really sweet
    Rebecca.R.

Answer by Rebecca.R. at 6:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No- but I've given wine parties and purse parties!
    brooklynsmom40

Answer by brooklynsmom40 at 6:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010