How can I get my baby girl to eat her veggies and formula?

No matter what I try Temprence will not eat her veggies without fighting me. She is also taking herself off of her formula.

LadyNaga

Asked by LadyNaga at 6:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would stop giving baby foods until she starts drinking better, make sure she is getting enough formula. Maybe try a sippy cup if you haven't.
    With vegies... try mixing them with fruits she might like...
    Apple and sweet potatoes are good together
    Green beans and pears
    Banana and avocado

She might be ready for chunks too... soft sweet potatoes chunks or carrots are yummy
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• How old? Offer the formula, and do not give ANYTHING else until she takes it. If she's under 12 months, she NEEDS it, and needs to know that she's not getting anything else until she takes the formula. Veggies... the purees are kind of gross, you might steam some fresh veggies, cut up small, and let her self feed, AFTER she takes the formula. But again, how old is she?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• She is 9 months...I have tried mixing fruit with her veggies and meat with her veggies...she wont take it alone or in her cereal.
    LadyNaga

Comment by LadyNaga (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If it is jar or cereal they do not taste good and have unappetizing textures. Have you tried table food? no teeth required. check out baby led solids
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010