Is your bedroom your space or do you have a kid or kid stuff in there?

Once we felt like our daughter was old enough, sleeping through most of the night without waking up to eat, we moved her out of our room and now it's the one kid free zone in the whole house. They walk in every now and then when I'm in there cleaning but there are no toys, diapers, kids clothes, anything like that. I do have some pictures of them on the entertainment center but that's all. I feel like it's important to have one room that is just for me and DH.

What about you?

wildflowers25

Asked by wildflowers25 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• In the morning, we let DH come in and watch her shows, but there are no kids toys or anything like that in our room!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My two year old and 4 month old have their own rooms. I do keep my four month old in a bassinet by my bed for the time being. Other than that hopefully it will be baby free in less than a year.. lol
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No way... my DD has her own room, it is 14 x 18 and has 2 closets.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 6:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• there are no kids things in my room ..are room is were we have are kid free time..... its a place to just have husband and wife time and a place were we can just relax and watch a movie
    Rebecca.R.

Answer by Rebecca.R. at 6:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• well since we can't afford our own house or a big enough rental for everyone to have their own room yes we still have a kid and kidstuff in our room... but eh we're used to it and we can still kick them out and lock the door when we need mommy&daddy private time ;-) WHEN we do finally have our own place i will try and make it a kidfree zone but i doubt it'll be possible :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No. No kids things in our bedroom. But we have a little cairn terrier that's sleeps in there and he's like a kid. He carries his toys in there and leaves them whereever.
    brooklynsmom40

Answer by brooklynsmom40 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I meant DD, not DH lol! He is like a kid but he's definitely allowed in my room ;-) Oh and our cats hang out wherever they please, and our dog comes in every so often but he would rather be in the living room on our love seat :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't keep a toy box or anything like that in my room but when we are upstairs and im in my room while the kids are in the toy room a few toys appear in my room but it's easy to clean up
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No no kid stuff in our room well I take that back I take her toys from her and stick them in our closet. We have never let our kids sleep with us
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Ive been very fortunate that my son since day one has been very independent. He at 3 months old would not go to sleep if someone is holding him. I have also been fortunate that since he has been able to sit up on his own I have had my own apartment. Occasionally I find a stray toy in my room or I will take him in there with me when he is fighting sleep really bad and take a nap with him but it is very rare if I try to get him to sleep in my bed with me that he will.
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 7:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010