What is paganism?

I have had many answers from different people and I don't understand any of them - they're all so broad and vague so is there anyone on here who wants to enlighten me?

Thank you!

sarahar

Asked by sarahar at 6:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here, I know people hate when I do this, but it's just way to long of an answer to post here and make it understandable. I answer this and other questions on my blog... Here is the link - One Witches Wonderland - What is a Pagan?

Sorry I didn't type it all out here, but it can be a rather long answer and these boxes aren't long answer friendly!

Let me know if you have questions!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• it's not necessarily any "one" thing, like saying what is christian, there are many different rules in every sector of christianity.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• witch craft.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not all Pagans are Witches or practice Witchcraft!
    Witchcraft is a PRACTICE, Paganism is generally a way of life!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Your question pushed me to FINALLY finish my "Ask a Pagan" blog entry, which was taken from questions I got off of the wonderful women of Cafemom. So hopefully it will answer your questions as well!

Ask A Pagan

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Paganism means different things to different people, which is probably why you have gotten so many different answers. Definitely check out Sabrina's links. She is a fount of information!

Shaysmommy ... I seriously hope you are just trying to be funny, if not, please educate yourself by taking the time to click on Sabrina's links.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i thought pagan was like they dont believe in god, but they arent anti either. they just dont really care
    nessamarie

Answer by nessamarie at 12:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Nessa, do you mind if I ask why you thought that? Just curious.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• seems i was told that, i could be meaning something different though....
    nessamarie

Answer by nessamarie at 1:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Actually we do believe in God ... some believe in multiple Gods and Goddesses. Pagan is truly (Sabrina can correct me if I state this wrong) an umbrella term for literally HUNDREDS of different religions and belief systems that are not Christian, Jewish or Islam.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010