Are there any other strictly religious mothers out there who don't believe in contraception?

I currently have 11 children and I just don't believe that me and my husband could provide for anymore, I am only 32 so I think I have plenty of years to have more children. I breastfeed to try and space my children out but so far it hasn't worked too well as you can see from the number of children. Is there anyone else at all who has had this issue?

My husband has a good job and there are good chances of promotion and I work from home and barely sleep spending time on my business and children but we are seriously starting to stretch our money out and I don't know how much more work me and my husband can do.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how make the money stretch more etc? Our religious leader has told us that 'God will provide' but we are still finding it hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• you could always try turning around and bending over..that would help for sure!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't believe this question.... But if it's really true, ummm, try anal?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Just time when you ovulate and dont have sex that week. Or is that a form of contraception?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You could try a mix of the rhythm method/ pull out method. Then you're not using a contraceptive, it's essentially like using abstinence.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• But when contraception is banned in religion, isn't sex prohibited except for the intention to procreate? So pulling out and checking ovulation would be in violation wouldn't it? I'm just asking, honestly. What religion are you? My hubby and my dad are from the Catholic church so I do understand this to a point even if it's not for me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Is there an Angel Food location in your area? It helps save money on food. Also, some things are cheaper in bulk. Is there a Sam's Club or a store like that in your area?
    Wantz

Answer by Wantz at 8:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We are a family who does not use any type of Birth Control.

We trust God with the number of kids we have.......and

We trust that he will provide the means to take care of them.

Good Luck to you :-)

I wish you were not ANON...I would send you a friend request. I know how it is to have people say rude things and treat you badly because they think the way you believe is crazy. Good thing I don't go around telling everyone what I think of the way they live their life!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• With the Catholic Church they teach a fertility program. not all churches have it. Where it is provided it is usually part of the pre-marriage counseling. My friend used this program, and it worked great for her. Personally, I read how to plan the sex of your child, and it mentioned cervical mucas. You are most fertile when the mucas is stretchy. If you could read up on that and learn your body, you could determine when you were fertile. I also apologize for Shay1130 and Anouck. Of my goodness
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 1:07 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• can you use Natural family planing and avoid having sex when you are fertile? I use NFP and it works good, Maybe God lets your body give you sings that you are fertile so that you can use that to your advantage? I do not think it would be morally wrong for you to do NFP, I do not believe God would want you in a position of constantly worrying about how your going to provide for the next baby. I am sorry for the nasty rude comments you received
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 3:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thank you bjoycassell. yes NFP is the program. My computer froze so I didnt get to add....apparently those ladies did have mothers who taught them that if you cant say something nice.....dont say it at all.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 6:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010