What is the best way to get soap scum out of a shower/tub

Is there a no fail way to get this done, a product or technique?

mepperly07

Asked by mepperly07 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Lysol foam spray for bathrooms, it is in a tall can with a pink label. It really does work!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Mr. Clean magic eraser. Makes the job effortless. The generic ones work just as well.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I use Scrub Free but I still scrub with a non scratch pad
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i use salt scrub/sugar scrub and a rough sponge. GL!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• best way is to abvoid it building up to begin with. Depending on the kind of water you have diffrent products will work. I agree with the easy magic sponges they are great and dont scratch the surfface which makes the problem more visible.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 8:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I've tried EVERYTHING. We have really really hard water and dont have a water softener put in yet, so we get hard water deposits really bad. It is impossible to get off. I've tried Magic Erasers and they just tear apart. I've tried home made stuff, vinegar, lemon juice, all the cleaners i can find, NOTHING works. Someone suggested to go to a commercial cleaning place and get some of what they use. Haven't tried it yet, but it's next on my to-do list!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 8:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• maybe clean it more often.....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• For the hard water stains, rust stains use toilet bowl cleaner. Just regular soap scum I use The Works tub & tile cleaner. Dollar Tree stores carry it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't know if ithis would work for you but once someone told me to use fabric softener sheets (if a new one does not work try a used one, not as abrasive) to scrub the glass shower doors and tub and it worked for me.
    momplus01

Answer by momplus01 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010