Diet pills questions

Ok, I've never taken them, but I know a couple of people who have and they say that it helped them jump start weight loss (they only took them for the appetite control when they first started trying to eat right and work out), so I'm curious about them. How bad is it to take them for like 2-3 weeks? I know they don't help you keep weight off, and they're not great, but will they help jump start weight loss and your metabolism when you first start exercising more? What about the green tea pills? What do they do?

Thanks ladies, just looking for a little information/personal experiences!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The only ones that actually work are the ones you need an Rx for. Family doctors are actually now much more willing to Rx them because new laws require the scripts to only be written 1 month at time, so they get to check your BP, heartrate, and weight loss progress every month. The down side is the copay for the office visit. :P But the script itself is only $17 or so. I've lost about 20lbs in 2 months
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Phentermine worked for me but I had a Rx from a weight loss doc. The side effects for me were VERY dry mouth and rapid speech (which was not good because I already talk fast) but it definitely curbed my desire for sweets and helped me control portion size. I lost about 20 lbs in 2.5 months.
    dcnative

Answer by dcnative at 10:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I've taken appetite control. But I still felt hungry. And I binge ate anyway.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 7:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010