Is this a FL thing or is it done everywhere?

When you go to a salon for a hair service here they charge extra to dry your hair after. I never encountered that in the northeast. Even with a color or highlights. I just don't get it. How am I supposed to know what the highlights or color looks like if they don't dry it? Of course I want my hair dryed and styled after I get a service. And why would a salon want someone with wet hair walking out anyway...it's bad business if people walk out of your salon looking like crap.

Syphon

Asked by Syphon at 7:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i always charged $10-20 more for styling, depending on what i had to do. however, with chemical services, it was already added into the price of the service, so no one noticed. :))
    i would never let a client leave with wet hair unless it was an emergency, or it was a basic trim and they requested it. in reality, no one wants to walk out of a salon looking like they stepped out of the shower.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• in the schools in western NY they charge extra for a blow out if it's just a cut..

mostly because they don't have a separate mens hair cut price listing.. and men typically only want a wash and cut style, so they add an additional charge to blow out a wash and cut if you want it..
    for things like perms, and colors etc it is included in the price of the service though (and it's noted in what it is included in).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• But yes, I agree, a blow out should be included in most cuts because in most cases a cut isn't complete until you see how it lays once it's properly styled. (There are lots of times that when dry you may see a little piece here or there that you want to give a little of this or that too).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have NEVER heard of that! I certainly wouldn't be pleased if my hair stylist made me leave with wet hair...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It's pretty much everywhere. I have almost always gotten charged for drying unless the stylist had a lot of free time and nothing else to do.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yep they charge to style it here in Colorado. It is an extra 10-15 dollars.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i'v never heard that. but i recently got my hair cut here in colorado and that is exactly how i walked out! i wont be going back to that salon.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It happens here all the time. I always pay the extra to have it dried but sometimes if you don't tell them in advance that you want your hair dried after a service they don't schedule enough time and won't do it so you end up walking out with wet hair anyway. Pisses me off every time.
    Syphon

Comment by Syphon (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• its a florida thing...i moved here 3yrs ago from JERSEY and omg its crazy....sucks...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i have to pay $70 for a wash, cut and style...mind you it's a friend of mine and my husband that does it so i get a GOOD PRICE...yeah right my hair is not even long...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010