Is it ok to make fun of

John Boehner's looks?

Then

Is it OK to make fun of Michelle Obama's fashion sense?

What's the difference? They are both people in the public eye. Is one more deserving of protection over the other one?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• People are assholes on here no matter the topic. LOL Do as you please...ignore the haters.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• when is it ok to make fun of anyone?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I make fun of no one so much better ways to spend my time.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If I'm going to speak out against someone, it will be about something important, not about the way they look or dress....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Was there a post generated JUST to make fun of Boehner ? Or was it a persons reply (my cheeto dust fart one probably) when someone asked who he was?? Just making light because seriously I don't really care about him, all I know is he's orange.

I think making a post just to create nasty jabs at the President or his wife a little childish. You can do it all you want, no one is stopping you... but as you should know creating a post for the sole purpose of bashing, people will call you out.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 8:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I personally was raised that it was never OK to make fun of how someone looks.

But that's just me.
    NonnasMomma

Answer by NonnasMomma at 8:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree with bandgeek on this!

Answer by older at 7:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why make fun of John Boehner? Or Michele Obama? Neither one of them deserve being made fun of at all.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• People gave John McCain endless grief about the way he "raises his arms". They said he looked stupid. I loved reminding them they were broken in the Hanoi Hilton and not set. He can't raise his arms. They looked sheepish and then continued to ridicule. It doesn't matter what is right. People aren't taught to be kind. Disagree in principle, but don't make personal attacks.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010