Paranoid about getting fired

Just today I heard from my boss saying that she wants me to not work as much outside of the office. The issue is, I'm writing reports that I just now got notification of what needed to be done. Also today, I was told by my boss that she wants to see what I have gotten done today first thing in the morning. I just did research, didn't really write much down as in a description. After talking to a lady who came in to make copies, I heard another lady wispering to her.

I was laid off in November. And was observed because I was too slow (lost that job). And now I think I'm in trouble. I will be staying up all night studying for an exam (back in school). But also finishing the introduction so that I have something on paper to show.

Without telling me to go to a psychologist or a shrink, how can I confront if my gut feelings are right, or if I'm just paranoid?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I hate to say it but I think your gut instinct is probably right on the money.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I also agree with karamille. If you were fired prior for being too slow the possibility is high.

The only way to truly know is to ask straight up. Good Luck!!

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 7:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Maybe you just need to do exactly what your boss asked. It may help that she feels like you are paying attn. You may be right.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yeah ask your boss
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:44 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• In this economy, you never know. Just hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010