Pregnant and sick

I am 17 weeks pregnant and woke up with a head cold this morning. I have a headache, constantly sneezing and coughing, a lil fever, and my body aches. Is there anything safe that I can take?!

misssababe1128

Asked by misssababe1128 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there is, but it's been so long, I can't remember what. Your safest bet is to call your dr. and ask.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 7:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would call your dr. Better be safe then sorry
    brwneyebeauty13

Answer by brwneyebeauty13 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Your doctor has a list of medications that is safe to take while pregnant. If you get a fever of 102 make sure to take some Tylenol.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Call the DR. they can give you a list of med's that are safe for you and baby
    heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have a cold right now as well and I am 23 wks and 4 days along my doc told me I can take tylenol if I have a fever and robotussin for the rest of my symptoms...but I would still call your doc just to make sure they do not tell you other wise
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• honey you need to call your doctor of any kind of medicine that you can take. i know that they always tell me tylenol and lots of water. lol that seems to be the remedy for everything. even when i was having irritable contractions. but depending on what kind of medicines you are allergic to and if you are like me a high risk pregnancy. but either way call your doctor and see what they say is best for you to take.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2010