SAHM losing my mind!

When my son was first born I stayed home til he was about 4 months old and then I had to return to work due to financial problems. Recently my fiance got a new job to where I could quit for good and stay home with our son and baby #2 on the way. Now that its been 2 months Im losing my mind with my son!! I feel terrible cause everyone at work said "Just wait you will want to come back, he will drive you nuts" and I always said I would never be like that. Now I kinda am, I dont want to go back to work but I need some ideas on things for us to do to keep us occupied through out the days. Preferably cheap things!! lol

misssababe1128

Asked by misssababe1128 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• have you tried meet ups/play dates? you can mingle with other moms and your LO can be occupied with the other LOs.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I can't seem to say this enough on this site: Find a playgroup!! Meetup.com is where i've met ALL my parent-friends in my area. Many groups are free, most dirt cheap for membership. Mine charges $5/yr to pay for the website fee and we try to keep events to less than $5 too. Also most libraries have free story time a couple times a week.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes...what they said!!! find a playgroup and check the local library for story time. Check out www.mops.org it is a great group! it stands for mothers of preschoolers. They charge a membership fee of about $20/year but they have scholarships and meetings are usually held every other week. You will enjoy the company of other moms and your child will go to moppets with other kids his age.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• What about going to the park, doing crafts for the windows during different Holidays and so on. I even use Playdoh and legos to help with playtime with my little one :)
    lovinmy3babies

Answer by lovinmy3babies at 8:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I totally agree with meetup.com it's GREAT for playgroups! Also, you could look into doing some volunteer work if you wanted to. I started vonunteering for habitat for humanity when I was a SAHM because it didn't require many hours and I didn't have to commit to anything.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010