cleaning

Okay I live in utah and have a house I can clean but they want to know what it will cost per sq ft. Soooo my question is whats fair? These people are cheap and don't wanna pay much which doesn't leave me entirely thrilled but hey I need the money.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 7:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Call around and see what local cleaning services charge and go from there.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 8:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• u can just manage pay cuz that particular cleaning job can lead u to another that will earn u plenty of money
    blair16

Answer by blair16 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yeah i agree call around and ask other prices
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm in Utah too and I used to clean offices and homes. I insisted on them paying me by the hour- cleaning per sq ft. sounds fine and dandy but what if it's deep cleaning? Or just general cleaning. You could get stuck making minimum wage just because the home needed more cleaning than you thought.

I looked at the ads on KSL.com and it looked like most people were charging between $15 and $25 an hour. I went on the low end and got tons of phone calls and tons of referrals. Good luck =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:44 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It sounds like they are comparison shopping. I would call some of the local cleaning services in your area and find out what they charge per sq ft, then go slightly lower. I would make sure they know who is to provide cleaning products and materials (sponges, brushes, rags, etc). If they are that cheap, you know they will buy off brand stuff, so if you want a specific product, specify it. Let's face it, non-brand Pine Sol doesn't work as well as Scrub Free on shower doors. Good luck!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I live in MI and we use Molly Maid. They charge us $35 per hour per cleaner and our house is 1600 square feet.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 11:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Check your competitors websites. See what the going rate is in your area.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010