I do not want to breastfeed. I'm not comfortable. Anyone else feel this way?

I'm not comfortable with it. It's extremly painful, I have done lactation consulting. I work a lot and taking breaks to pump costs me $$$ in my line of work and there would be no where to store it. I tried, it doesn't work for me. No medical reason.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hey - breastfeeding is a personal choice that is to be made by the mom and by noone else. And the breast feeding "nazis" that try and guild you in to feeling that you are doing something bad for your child need to understand that they made a choice and you are making a choice and they are both choices that you feel are best for you and your child.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No need for explanations hun, if it is not for you so be it, this will never make you any less of a mother. I never did it with any of my three kids and guess what my formula babies where and still are healthy as a horse.

Answer by older at 7:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I tried so hard to want to breast feed, it just wasn't there for me and my milk NEVER came in. My DD was formula fed, and is perfectly healthy! Lucky for us, we have these choices now and you don't HAVE to breast feed!!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Well, I don't know.... I tried it, but my milk never came in. I'm currently pregnant and I will try again. Sure, it's inconvenient, and a PIA sometimes, but it IS what's best for the baby, so I want to at least try. However, that's my personal opinion, I think you should do whatever you feel comfortable with.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Sure. I hated nursing - every moment of it. But in the end it was what was best for us as a whole, so I did it. If you choose not to, that's cool too. As long as you're doing what works for you and your family and your baby isn't starving, I don't see any reason to feel like you need to justify...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You know I felt this same way with my first. I had no interest in Bfing him, frankly I found it gross, I don't know why. But, now after I lost my second baby due to stillbirth, I am dieing to BF. So strange, I guess maybe I want to do all the motherly things now since my loss. I don't know that I actually will, but I think I'm going to try. There is nothing wrong with not Bfing, it's a personal choice.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm so sorry you feel like you have to apologize for this. I think it's a personal choice and one I wasn't comfortable with either. Do what is best for your family your children will survive no matter what choice you make.

hugs

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• its ok not to breastfeed. i did both and then i decided when i wanted to stop all together. and she is healthy and happy. its a personal choice. your choice. not anyone elses. i know plenty of people that will never breastfeed no matter what you would tell them. i came from a family of people that never breastfed and i wanted to try. its a personlal choice. you do what is right for you and your baby.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm sorry it's not working for you, good for you for giving it a shot though!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• do what is best for you and don't give it a second thought
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010