what do you think about the mayan prediction about 2012?

hotmama541

Asked by hotmama541 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Growing up in a Christian home, I do beleive that something is about to happen and soon. The book of Revelation is almost fulfilled. We are heading for a one world gov't which is a sign of the end of times and I do believe in the next 4 years that we will see the anti-christ come forward.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Are you talking about the end of the world?? If so, then I don't think much about it really. I know where I stand and am ready whenever it happens. I actually watched this and learned of the prediction on an educational video I watched when in high school. At that time it scared the crap right outta me. I dont want to know when the end is coming!
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 9:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• by the way i didn't notice the question about the mayan calender already posted.
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• OMG i just wrote the longest response on the other post you did and then you deleted it :(

lol i dont want to write that long again.

Anyway, i dont think we can sit here and harp on it, i think its unhealthy and we should just live our lives normally.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Some say it will be the end of the world, some say it will be the apocalypse and some say it will just change civilization forever. Some say it will be Dec 21, 2012 some say it is Dec12 2012 (just shows how true lol) We have used the Mayan Calender to predict our full moons and all our natural disasters supposedly the Mayan Calender has only ever been off by 10 seconds. The calender ends on that date above.
    I don't like thinking about it, because it means my daughter will only be 2 1/2 years old. I want her to live a normal and full life. I don't like worrying about it, I did alot of research on this subject, and i had to sto myself it haunted me for about 2 months. It gave me nightmares.
    I don't know what will happen, I don't relly think it will be the end of the world, but maybe something will occur that will change the human race...Who really knows? I think we should just live our lives like we would.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• &&hotmama i didnt notice that wasnt your post before so sorry about that last comment lol.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• *sigh* I think it's stupid, to be honest. NOBODY knows the future, nobody can predict it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I don't know what will happen, but I'll wait and see!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Maybe the Mayans died off before they could finish..... I do not believe it is a sign of the end of time. I do think we are in the end times but I don't feel Dec 21, 2012 is it. Not even Jesus knows until the every end.
    JustAnotherMama

Answer by JustAnotherMama at 12:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think about it as much as I did Y2K. That turned out to be anticlimactic...I suspect this will too.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2008