Have you ever bought clothes for yourself and not tell your husband?

I bought myself a new sweater. Well I was out with my Mom 2 weeks ago. I don't feel bad, I just include it as our time out.
The sweater was $20.00.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 7:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I usually hide EVERY new article of clothing purchase from my husband. I rarely tell him if I bought something because he jumps onto me for it. I'm sorry, but my clothes don't last forever, and I've lost weight since having our daughter, and my boobs have changed. Sometimes, I NEED new clothes, even if he likes wearing his until they're hardly holding onto his body by one seam.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yep. He doesn't care anyway. So I usually don't say much, but not because I'm hiding it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why would I tell him? Not like he's giving me an allowance...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• There is no need to confess about such a thing....enjoy your sweater!

Answer by older at 7:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I usually don't but if I do spend it. I will let him know what I got and how much it was.. but he doesn't care since I barely ever buy stuff for myself. It is usually for him or the boys!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i dont ask him if i can or anything. but he is usually the one i like to show my new clothes off to.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Sure, I don't have to report every purchase to him... I buy what I want and IF he's there when I'm getting home or putting the stuff away, I show him. But i don't make it a point to show him, nor do I hide it... I have no need to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have not told him that I plan on going shopping but every once in a while when I find a sale and have the extra money I will pick up a shirt or a pair of pants. I end up telling him when I get home but he tries to get me to shop more because I went from a size 28 to 17 then down to a size 12 and I literally have 2 pairs of jeans that I can fit but need a belt in and 3 pairs of stretchy pants and then dress pants which I use for work. He keeps pushing me to go shopping and I have to remind him of the electric bill or gas bill or something else like that.
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 7:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I DO IT ALL DA TIME....SO IT DOESNT MATTER...HE'LL JUST N OTICE IT AND SAY OH THAT LOOKS NEW.....I STILL HAVE STUFF IN MY CLOSET WITH TAGS ON IT lol
    cute504dimples

Answer by cute504dimples at 9:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yep I do all the time I work and he soesn't need to know what I buy and he wouldn't care anyway
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010