How many people have lost their mom or dad

Do you remember what it felt like to lose them? Were you in the same area as they were.?

dynameteduck

Asked by dynameteduck at 7:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i was 12 when my dad died, i lived in the same house. it was like losing a part of myself.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• lost my dad in 89 when I was 17. No love lost there. He never seeked a relationship with me my whole childhood. :(

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have lost both of my parents. I was not that close to my dad but I miss my mom terribly.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 7:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I lost my mother at age 18 on the thanksgiving day.She died right in front of me from complications to a brain anurism.I held her hand while she passed not even realizing it untill the doctor noticed.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My dad dies when I was almost 3. I dont really remember him at all. I miss that I didnt get to have a relationship with him, but my older brother dad stepped right in as the father figure for me. I love him as my dad. And he and my mo got re-married when I was 12. Ive called hom dad ever since I can remeber. But I do love and miss my real dad. =(
    SierraLynn

Answer by SierraLynn at 8:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I lost my father 2 years ago and it was the hardest thing I ever had to go through.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• my mother died 8 years ago. i was in college and i will never forget that day... march 1,2002. my dad called me but i was at work and my roommates came to my job and told me to call home. so i never got to say goodbye to her. i still miss her so much.... wish that she could have seen me graduate from college and get married. she never saw any of her grandkids and i know she was looking forward to being a grandmother. it hurts so much still
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I lost my dad 6 years ago this month. It was the most difficult thing I ever went through.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010