what cereals do you give your kids?

When I was growing up my mom wouldn't buy anything that had frosted in the name or anything with lots of sugar. I grew up eating only healthy cereals but my kids eat both but im picky about what they gets that sweet.

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I give my son an assortment whatever he wants for that day.
    Some include:
    Lucky Charms, Raisin Brand, Fruit Loops, Corn Pops, Frosted Flakes, Cheerios, and some other Post Cereal...

ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Honey Oats with almonds, Corn Flakes and Cheerios. I won't buy anthing frosted either. I don't need my 3 year old bouncing off the walls! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Mine only gets Kix... Thankfully, he likes them better than any of the other stuff anyway. He doesn't even like cheerios...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My sons love KIX, Cherrios, Life, and Oat Meal Squares. Every once in awhile they'll get Captain Crunch or Fruity Pebbles, but they never finish the box.
    Oh, great way to get rid of stale cereal...go feed the ducks. They love it and especially the raisins,plus it's easier for little hand to throw than breaking up bread.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 7:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Until he was in like 3rd grade, he only had Multibran Chex, shredded wheat, kix, cherrios and healthy cereal. Now, it's sugary, but, only on occasion.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Cheerios, Frosted Mini-Wheats, and Kix.
    Wantz

Answer by Wantz at 8:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• froot loops, cheerios, frosted mini wheats, life and they always beg me for lucky charms but i refuse to buy that for them because all they do is pick out the marshmallows and then leave the cereal part to rot. i also buy them cinnamon toast crunch, but that is a dessert food, not for breakfast lol

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My daughter can eat sugar or chocolate and i don't notice a change. She doesn't get a sugar rush from it. My MIL tried to sugar her up before giving her back to me one night and she was mad it didn't do anything lol
    Smiley001

Comment by Smiley001 (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Depends on what I felt like buying, LOL. Right now we have Apple Jacks, Oatmeal Squares, and Grape Nuts. We ran out of Fruity Pebbles AND Cocoa Pebbles because Glenn likes to mix them!

He doesn't eat cereal every day, so I don't worry about what kind I give him when I do give it to him. It's a quick, "treat" breakfast for us.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:21 AM on Sep. 22, 2010