Know anyone that goes out for ALL Holiday decorating?

I know someone that goes all out for every single holiday out there. The yard gets docorated, the courtyard leading up to their front door, gates and front door gets decorated with wreaths/signs or what ever.

I swear every bathroom (3.5) gets decorated, every room, even the back porch which is 20x50 and has several lounge chairs, tables, a few rattan couches, all of it gets decorated.

And they have NO children at home and never sees the grandkids except a major holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas as they all live out of town.

But her house is always decked out.

My friends husband says Martha Stewart has thrown up in their yard and house again!!

She refuses help too!! SHE does it all! Won't let the hubby help.. so they dont have to put things up too too high. Buys the easter candy, halloween, christmas stuff.

I know it makes her happy, but I guess she likes the chore of it all. She is 70 yrs. old.

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 7:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i know people who do..... i only decorate for christmas lol. (well on the outside i'm talking about)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I know people like that. I have only go out on Christmas and Halloween. My best friends grandmother does the same thing too. When I asked her why she does it, she said when you get my age you want to give back. My decorating is my way of possibly giving someone who's having a bad day something pretty to look at
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 8:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My brother & SIL do this and my nephew is 16, so it's not like he cares if the place is decorated or not...lol. They do everything, too - the front porch, entryway, the living & dining rooms and the kitchen. They have both a set of formal & casual dishes, plus matching tableware, serveware, glasses, linens & table decorations for every holiday. They even have a welcome mat for every holiday. It's crazy, but they want the house to look special because it's supposed to be a special time, set apart from regular days.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I lost a friend from cancer last year that always went all out for the holidays. He and his partner decorated their little apartment and the outside court area, gonna miss seeing that this year.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think that's why my friends Mom does this...ashes_leigh.....her friends some times have their grandkids and being she does not see hers often.... so it gives people something to look at.

She has over 25 boxes for Christmas stuff!!! Imagine their attic! LOL

Her husband used to MAKE his OWN wooden candy canes.....they have this LONG driveway.. I mean LONG...and he would string lights either around them......one year he stuck the white lites on TOP...they kinda drooped in between each one.. it looked so prety from the street............til years ago, their neighbors dogs got out one day and ran thru........tore it all down and the dogs got wrapped up in them! Would have been a sight to SEE at NIGHT.........but it was daytime!

Nice neighbor helped take it ALL down.........now they no longer decorate the driveway.
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Sorry to read that beyond hopes.........

I admit I LOVE Christmas time...love to see how people decorate! I used to go ALL OUT in my old place years ago with my then boyfriend.

My son likes the lights, and breaks them, so no lights are strung up inside.... So no lights here unless on a tree!!

LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I go all out for the major holidays not ones like Valentines or New Years. I have so many decorations in the basement it isn't funny. I have a friend on here that I know goes all out also
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No not to that extreme good for her though love that!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010