Has anyone experienced numbness in the left hand?

The last few days my left hand has been numb... like its asleep type feeling. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was it for you? Im going to the dr in a few days and wanted to know if I'm the only one with this problem?

lovinmy3babies

Asked by lovinmy3babies at 8:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• I hae carpul tunnel syndrome as well. My left hands fingers stays tingly and numb most all the time. My left is worse, I guess as Im right handed?

My specialist I saw last year said," Well, you can have the surgery, but for most people the symptoms comes back after so many years and some times worse than when they have the surgery."

How comforting!!!!! I said......he said,"Im not going to sugar coat it. It's a chance you take with any surgery. For some they never have any trouble again, for some it worse."

I just deal with it.......its PAINFULL.. thats for sure and I used to wear the wrist supports......never noticed a difference so......maybe one day I will try hand therapy, some form of physical therapy..but I just leave it be.

I worked at a PC for years, in customer service....printing co. too.. grabbing stacks of books once cut, in order for them to get shipped....it was painful, Id lose my grip alot!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 8:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• hummm get off cafemom...it will make your hand feel better...joking hope you get better mama

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't know... I used to have a numb feeling work through my hands.... It would start on one side and move through my hand to the other, like my hand was asleep. It hasn't done that in forever, though, I had almost forgotten about it....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• hi when i was pregnant i had really sevre carpal tunnel syndrome in which my joints of myu hands felt fragile painful and tight and numb, this went away after birth. it could be carpal tunnel. i would go to the doctor though. other things numbness could be from are circulation and nerves (multiple sclerosis, etc). just check it out
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• like silverelf, mine was (well, is) caused by carpal tunnel syndrome. with me it's both hands and my right hand is worse
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have this problem as well and it's due to tendonitis. 4 out of 5 people with tendonitis are misdiagnosed with carpul tunnel when it's only tendonitis. I do the same thing over and over at my job and typing on the computer doesn't help a lot. When mine starts to act up i have braces that i wear to bed and i take some OTC pain relievers. It's usually better in a couple day. The pain will radiate up into my elbows and shoulders depending how busy i am at work.
    mrsnikifrank

Answer by mrsnikifrank at 8:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Is it the whole hand or part of it (thumb, index and middle fingers?) If it's part, it's more than likely carpal tunnel. If it is the whole hand, then it's another story.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2010