Have your children had any childhood illnesses? Example: chicken pox, measles, mumps

nehi81

Asked by nehi81 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Kids' Health

• nope. that's why i get them vaccinated

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Chicken pox... and you can still get them whether you have your children vaccinated or not! My oldest got them from school and brought them home to my 2 month old baby. It was very frustrating lets just say!
    lovinmy3babies

Answer by lovinmy3babies at 8:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• chicken pox
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Chxken pox and mumps. I was 33 when I got mumps ---my kids gave them to me. This was way before the vaccine. Thankfully,my grandkids have had all their vaccinations. My grandson had a very mild case of chicken pox...only a few of the little blister/blebs and felt fine. Thank God for vaccines.
    Before they created the MMR,I had a friend in grade school in the 1940's who had measles and a high fever which damaged her brain and she was never normal . That was not unusual.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Nope, he is completely vaccinated. I know he can still get them but he is 14 and has yet to get anything that he has been vaccinated for...including the flu.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• None of those!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 7:07 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My 3 kids have had their vaccinations. 2 of the 3 have also contracted the chicken pox, at separate times. My middle child has somehow avoided them.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:51 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Not yet.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes, my son got the chicken pox at age 5 and gave it to his brother, age 4mo. His sister, who was vaccinated, also go it!
    8 years later, my son got shingles.
    My Husband also got shingles are age 32.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I had chicken pox. This was before they had the vaccine. I would not wish the chicken pox on anyone. I had them in eyes, mouth, nose,etc. I vaccinate for all these things. I even got my boosters since I work in the school system.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010