Anyone own a cricut?

I'm thinking about asking for one for Christmas from my hubby, but I was wondering if they're really as great as they look. There are three different ones, and I'm looking at the personal one (the $300 one) any advice?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 9:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have the personal cricut & I love it! I wish I could have got the expression but its a lil' out of budget, I say I will get it for myself when my kids get older so we can use it for school projects as well! I also love the Cricut Create its exclusive to Michaels craft store. but its as small as the personal with alot of benifts of the expressions.

It depends on what your hubby is useing it for. how large he would want his cuts to be. 6in. & under is big enough,personal is perfect . But if he wants larger (up to 12 in) then Expressions or Create would be money well spent.Theres alot of cool cartrides that are only useful if you can cut larger than 6 in. (for example Tags, Bags, Boxes & More).

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have the original Cricut (new in the box, never opened) and would like to sell it for $150. I already have one, so this was an extra one and I couldn't take it back.
    EmilyArti

Answer by EmilyArti at 10:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i love my cricut. have had some problems but that is more about trying to get to know it lol...i would suggest getting one if you do alot of paper crafts and such.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have the personal, and love it, but if you're gonna spend $300, go to Wal-Mart and get the expression, it's $289.99 in my store. If I had the money for it, I would upgrade...
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 7:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have the older one and looking to up grade to the newer one. I just dont have the money for it. I am thinking of selling my older one to help pay for the newer one.... I just want the new one first to make sure I like it....

BUT I LOVE mine and I dont get to use it enough!! Mother of three boys... I am lucky I get sleep
    threeBoysMommy

Answer by threeBoysMommy at 12:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• can u cut fabric with it?
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 9:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Hey people...black friday at walmart. Cricut Expression for 199 you can't beat that and it comes with 2 cartridges.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I just bought the original Cricut for 99.99 at customcrops.com. The expression was going for 199.99 at the time and the cricut I bought had dropped to 79.99. But now it's up over a hundred again. I just bought the Silhouette from them last week for 159.99. Jordan Papers has it for 174.99
    GardenPrincess

Answer by GardenPrincess at 3:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008