Do you purchase pictures through the school or do you do family pictures instead?

Recently the children have had picture day and I think the prices are crazy! Im thinking about getting family and individuals done through like sears? What would you recommend?

lovinmy3babies

Asked by lovinmy3babies at 8:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in

• Wow, that is high for school pics, I don't pay that much to have them all done and LOTS of poses. It depends, I do if I like them, but I get a cheap pack because we do Christmas family pics and sports/dance/etc. School pics don't usually impress me much. This year I am buying my 9 year olds, but not my 15 year olds because when I mentioned it, she said, you're buying those?? She didn't want them so we will just get some good ones made in a couple of months.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 8:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• both but damn the school are super expensive when you have more then 1 child...i payed about $400 last year for 4 different sets for my 2 kids...$200 each it's crazy

shooting photo

BUT who can send back pic of your own kids...all they do is shred them... =(

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Sears and Pennys always have better deals than Lifetouch! I always order the school package too though but I'm a scrapbook junkie!
    fourdaughters28

Answer by fourdaughters28 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i have 4 kids...3 who are already in school so pictures get spendy so we do family at Walmart or something but i also print them off my digital camera if i do "modeling" pictures of my kids, which means i do like 5 prints of each child...i suppose you could pass them out if you have a small number of people who want them but i like to frame them and i dont have many people to give them to
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I stopped doing school pics a few years ago and just go to JcPenney or Portrait Innovations. I will get Senior pics of my son in 3 years..that is an important year that needs to be photographed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't think our school pictures are very expensive. I have 3 teens and the most I've ever spent is about $25 each. In elementary school, I always bought the class photo, too.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• you can get a cheaper package at Sears
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 8:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I get the school photos. It only costs me about $14 for a package with all of the photos we need.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We do both, but my SIL is a professional photographer so our family pictures are free.

Answer by missanc at 8:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• nope no school pics for us EVER!! They are expensive and it's one shot of them, I think it's a waste for us personally. We have four in school and that would be expensive!!
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 8:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010