What is this about (chin pressing)?

My three year old son loves to press his chin into the top of my head or my arm. He will be evaulated next month by a specialist for possible autism. Has anyone else experienced "chin presses" as we call them around my house?

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 13 year old has autism and he used to do it - although he pressed his chin into my shoulder. It's common for kids with autism, not sure about typical kids. It's a sensory input thing, you can talk to an OT about it.

Answer by missanc at 8:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Uh...you know..my kid has done/does that and he has no Autism diagnosis. He is 14. Weird. I do think he may have a slight Auditory Processing thing, but, would that cause him to do that?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have no idea what could be the cause of this... but it is a compulsion for me as well (and as far as I know, I do not have autism). I do have ADHD but I don't think that's related.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• From what I have been told by several biomedical docs, (my son is on the spectrum), it is either a sign of yeast or parasites. Or both. Have him spit into a glass of water first thing in the morning. (check online for the yeast test on how-to). There are a number of treatments/protocols both mainstream (Nystatin, Diflucan, Vancomyacin) for yeast, and biomedical as well - cranberry juice (all natural, no sugar), caraway seeds, pumpkin seeds - try to limit sugar and carb intakes and see if that will help. NOTE that it may get worse before it gets better as there is a die-off reaction, and the gut bugs/yeast/parasites don't go down without a fight.
    iceberge

Answer by iceberge at 11:31 AM on Sep. 17, 2014