Carrier oils

I use almond oil right now for myself. Sometimes I mix in an essential oil for the scent. It works better than any other lotion out there for my dry itchy skin, cracking feet. So it made me wonder (and I will research it on my own as well), can I use it on my children? My one son is 2. I would think it would be better than any other lotion out there. My youngest will be 1 in a couple weeks. Not sure if there is a recommendation for the ages of oils or not.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 8:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• General Safety Information: Do not take any oils internally without consultation from a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Do not apply undiluted essential oils, absolutes, CO2s or other concentrated essences onto the skin. If you are pregnant, epileptic, have liver damage, have cancer, or have any other medical problem, use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Use extreme caution when using oils with children and give children only the gentlest oils at extremely low doses. It is safest to consult a qualified aromatherapy practitioner before using oils with children. A skin patch test should be conducted prior to using an oil that you've never used before.

i would not use it on kids...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2010