WHEN MONEY IS A ISSUE IN RELATIONSHIP, WHAT TO DO TO PREVENT ARGUMENTS???

IM SURE EVERYONE HAS THEIR PROBS WITH MONEY IN A MARRIAGE....WHATS UR ADVICE ON MAKIN OUT A BUDGET OR CUT BACK ON THINGS????

cute504dimples

Asked by cute504dimples at 8:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• honestly, we fight a lot less when we dont have any money. he likes to go spend crazy when we have just a little, and i like to save it or buy dd a new toy or book.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Separate your finances that way each feel as if you have a say. Each one should have their own reaponsiblilites.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• honestly this isn't the best thing to do but I can manage. My hubby likes having nice things and new things so I haven't gotten anything for myself in a long time. I let him be happy and when he's happy im happy
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Most arguments are about money. It usually doesn't get anywhere. But arguing isn't going to solve anything. You just have to budget and do the best you can.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:12 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• work on it together and talk thur it instead of one person gettin all the say. have personal acct that you can put money in after the bills and major things been taken care of.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Every person gets a vote. My husband wants to spend "x" amount on this and I wanted to spend "y" so we compromise. Or find ways to cut back on other things so that we can spend more on others.

Marriage is a give and take. Sometimes I let my husband spend more on something than I would have liked, but sometimes he lets me save more because that helps me feel more secure.

And it is okay to have his and her money. But we decide before hand how much. And it's not much right now, since we're working on some family goals.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We set a budget and work together on it every month. I'm better at numbers, so I prepare the budget, but I make him look at it and give me his feedback. If he disagrees with an amount, we work out a way to fix it.

As far as cutting back goes - I found that a written budget and cash-only spending saved us a ton. We can't spend what we don't have. I coupon and plan ahead for meals. We rarely eat out, and we try swapping babysitting from time to time when we need an evening sitter.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 9:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I am not the best one to give advice probably but we are thinking of seperating our accts and dividing up the bills according to percentage and then what is left is that persons and we can't complain then if one spends on needless things when it need to go to bills. I feel it also makes both of you responsible.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 10:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My husband and I are both savers so we don't argue about money. My best advice is to marry someone with the same financial beliefs as you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I started my own business so that I can help out with expenses and have some of my own money. If it's something you may be interested in, I can tell you more about Mary Kay. With Mary Kay, I earn 50% on everything I sell and get to hang out with the girls and have fun, spend time with my family, work whichever hours I want, and earn money while doing it! Get in touch with me if you're interested in learning more!!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 1:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2010