why hide behind the anonymous button?

this really bugs me...why hide behind that button?....are you ashamed of your answer? or afraid someone will "type badley of you?" this is the internet! they have no way of finding out where you live sooo.....anyway it's just opinons! Every one has the right to voice or shall i say type there opinons! so why hide?

mamactink

Asked by mamactink at 9:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in About CafeMom

• in all honesty ladies..since i am the one who started this question i will now close it!...i did not come her to start drama! i just wanted honest opinons! and i do think cafemom should let us decide if we anonymous people to answer our question! soo ladies have a great week!
    Connie
    mamactink

Answer by mamactink at 8:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Why does it bother you so much? It shouldn't. It doesn't effect you in any way. Just let it go.
    Anonymous

• because I have free will. If I choose to be anonymous, then I am allowed unless cafemom takes that option away.

and actually there are ways of finding out where people are over the internet even with no info on the person, such as tracing IP address.
    Anonymous

• ladies ladies ladies....don't bash me i am only asking a simple question and want some opinons...it doesn't bother me to the point were i get upset just that i didn't understand why you guys hit it!?
    mamactink

Answer by mamactink at 10:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• maybe we don't want the hateful ones to send us PMs or chatterbox messages just because they think we are wrong. post you are pagan, and you can get a PM from some high and might Christian about how you are evil and need to find god.
    Anonymous

• Why does this question keep getting posted? We keep beating this horse that's already dead!!! There are probably 80 questions that ask this very same question. It's not going to go away. People are going to be rude anonymously or not. It's not going to end.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Do you like drama? Because that is what you will start with this question. It doesn't hurt you at all. Let it go MamacTink
    Anonymous

• I personally never use the anonymous button to answer questions, but I have asked a question anonymously. It was something that I considered embarrassing, so I didn't really want all of CafeMom to know that it was me asking the question. I think that it would be WONDERFUL if the CafeMom administrators would fix Answers like this: You click Ask A Question. You type your question, then you have the option to choose whether or not to allow anonymous answers. If you choose no, you'll receive NO anonymous answers! I think that would solve a lot of problems with the rude comments & remove unnecessary drama.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• that is a great idea heather you should really contact the cafemom team and make that suggestion.
    Anonymous

• wow! i just decided to take a look at this question. I guess it really hit a nerve with some ppl. but i say if you want to be anonymous then so be it. If not then more power to you too. The option wouldnt be on here if it wasnt right. i say just do what U feel is right. And no mind to anyone else!
    lovemybeba

Answer by lovemybeba at 10:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2008