HAS ANYONE STARTED XMAS SHOPPING YET?? WHAT ARE U GONNA DO DIFFERENT FROM LAST YEAR TO SAVE MONEY???

cute504dimples

Asked by cute504dimples at 8:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• not accept two page wish lists from my kids...lol.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not getting the cousins anything but cards this year...maybe cute toe socks..im done with the 30 dollar gift cards all around!!! Christmas will be for my kiddos and hubby...were making most presents for grandmas!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm just about done... And nothing. We have 3 different holidays to buy for, I can't imagine cutting short on any of them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Well...last year was not a good time for us to buy presents. Our son was born Dec.26, and we had no extra money due to my husband having to take a job that did not pay well (the co. he worked for went bankrupt). It will take us 3 years to be debt free because of it, so this year we probably won't buy any presents. So.. we're not going to do anything different!
    HeatheranninSP

Answer by HeatheranninSP at 8:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't have any money to buy any...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I started a month ago. I'm starting to think that I should have started in January though. lol. This year I am starting sooner and this year we have money to do it. Last November we moved cross country (military) and on our way our truck broke down so we had to pay for a whole new engine. It was cheaper than buying a new vehical. This year will be good though. :)
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• NO!!!--look for sales--and ask specificly what people want to avoid silly spending
    sadie51

Answer by sadie51 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I look on craigslist for cheaper used toys that look new and I get them and put them in the closet so when Christmas comes and my daughters 3rd bday on dec 1st if I don't have any money at least I have a few things...Last year we spent only 75 bucks on the kids for christmas but my family buys so much for them that it didn't matter and everything they got was new from us
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• and I'm starting a job to bring in extra money for holidays...For the past year and some I've stayed at home with the kiddos
    Smiley001

• First off, I just want to make one suggestion for those who can't afford any presents...if you have little kids, go to toys for tots or local churches, they usually have toys they can give to you. And try www.freecycle.org, it's a great site where people advertise things they are giving away, they normally have one for most of the bigger cities.

We are going to have to spend less this year. I am making homemade blankets for my kids and also for my nieces and nephew, and we will be baking gifts for our friends and neighbors. DH and I don't buy anything for each other, so there's nothing to save there. And I always always do 90% of my shopping on Black Friday. The BX on base usually does a thing on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and then that Saturday where they give $20 gift cards to the first 100 people in line, and I"m there daily at 2am lol. I get $60-$80 in free gift cards every year. Also, we make our own decorations.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010