Why did you wait to find out the sex of your baby?

if you waited until birth to find out the sex..........

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 9:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We chose not to find out with our first child. I thought having a surprise would be fun (and it was). It was so exciting to hear "It's a girl!" after all that time spent in labor. Plus, I wanted as much gender neutral stuff as possible since we knew we wanted two kids and there's no guarantee that you'll get the same gender again (and I didn't want to completely start over with all new clothes in those first few months). With our second we found out during the ultrasound to see what that would be like, and I have to say that I preferred the surprise and kind of wish we'd had a surprise both times.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 10:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• The surprise was soooo worth it. :)
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I couldn't do it. I wanted to be able to pick out names, have a room, cltohes and toys ready!!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i'm 35 weeks preg with a mystery baby. lol there are few really good surprises in life, and this is one thing that cant disapoint. i cant wait to hear the doc say "it's a ____". and i really want a boy this time and i was afraid of gender disapointment. but i dont think that could happen when i'm holding my new baby. no matter what gender.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• we did not want ultrasounds!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• more fun!!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010