hi--i have accused my husband of having an emotional affair which he emphatically(sp?) denies--but my woman's instinct screams yes

he sent her songs/videos that i considered to be very romantic/sensual---dan fogelberg 'a love like this' and johnny reid 'dance with me' (on utube)
he also sent her a vt teddy bear 'lovebear' written on it (however it was a garden bear) also on paws --hug me--love me--never without--me ---which he claimed referred to the bear not him---she was going through a rough time (divorce)---oh---and he had just reconnected with her after 35 yrs

sadie51

Asked by sadie51 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• He may not even know what an emotional affair means. Chances are he heard "affair" and thought you meant he was physical with another woman. You need to sit down and explain to him how you feel about his actions and how inappropriate it is to you. You should explain what an emotional affair is and how you, yourself avoid falling into one and that you have and do expect him to do the same.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:41 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• sounds like he's full of shit. every time i've truly thought i was being cheated on i was right and there were not even all these clues - "a love like this" does NOT sound like the kind of thing that someone would send to someone to be supportive of their divorce... come ON
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You might be right.. Gd luck Mama! (To me an emotional affair is worse than a physical affair)
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• The behavior is fishy
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 9:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It's possible that he is having an emotional affair, but I have a few guy friends(married), including my DH, who have done things like that to help her feel better about her situation.
    trish2tew

Answer by trish2tew at 9:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yikes..... All I will say is good luck with this one..... He might not have done anything wrong, he might have just been being a good friend. But, you also could be right..... :/
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 9:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• cheater!!
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 9:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would be concerened. But if she was going through the divorce then maybe his efforts were genuinely to cheer her up. The choice of songs and the bear were a bit suggestive, but I'm on the fence about whether I'd be certain of emotional cheating. I'd definately be weary though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Men do not do things like this unless they expect their emotional affair to turn into a physical affair. Oh... AND... I completely agree with the lady who said that she feels like and emotional affair is worse than a physical affair.

Good luck mama. Don't let him drown you in the bs.
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 9:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Whether it be emotional or physical, his mind is definitely into it. Have you talked to him about it? Try and see what his reaction is. That alone should tell you enough.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2010