what are your personal quirky diet tips that WORK!!! please share

i need to get back in shape durin gmy separation and feel good again... what works for you??? both dieting and toning, especially butt and tummy, and eating habits or tips, what cutts fat and such

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 9:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't keep junk in the house. I remind myself "eat to live, not live to eat" when I have a craving. And I don't eat after 9:00 PM. Oh, and fill up on fruits and veggies, low calories, high nutrients!

For exercise I do yoga on odd days and walking on even days with two days off a week. I'll get into more hard-core work outs soon (just had a baby 6 1/2 weeks ago).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I keep a bar of Hershey's dark chocolate in the freezer and break off one little piece when I need some chocolate.
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Brushing my teeth with kids tooth paste when I want something sweet to eat.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• wow thanks
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I replaced my morning and early afternoon Mello Yello with a cup of coffee. Whenever I get a snack food that isn't already in individual servings, I divide it into baggies with approximately what one serving would be, then I write what it is, calories and that stuff, and sometimes Weight Watcher points (though I don't follow WW strictly). Instead of candy or something else sweet like that, I grab a yogurt or cottage cheese with some kind of fruit/fruit spread.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010