Affordable Health Insurance?

My son is 6 years old and we live in Michigan... Does anyone know of affordable health insurance? I have heard of MIchild and Healthy Kids and applied... but they say my husband makes to much!!! I dont know how they consider this stuff without adding in our monthly bills but whatever... anyways any info would be great!!! Thanks

mrsmamaj

Asked by mrsmamaj at 9:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• We have a family plan through United Health care, Golden Rule. For a family of 5 we pay 460.00/mo with a 2500 ded. We also carry gap ins to cover the ded if hospitalized etc, it's 39.00/month. No vision or Dental throught it, but it's pretty good otherwise. Our copay is 35.00, and can go to any Dr we choose. Also scripts are from 5 to 15.00, depending if it's generic or name brand.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Do you realize that you indicated that bills should be considered. WHY? If you choose to over spend and run up big bills, why in the world should that be considered when it is determined if you need help with medical or any other PA. Do not overspend use the money to pay for your insurance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• How does my rent and electric and gas bill equal over spending? Yes it should be considered! Have you ever had to buy health insurance or worry about it? Really? My husbands job doesn't offer insurance, and I am a college student... So "extra" money goes to paying for my college tuition! I'm not out spending money on stupid shit, I we are doing everything we can to better our lives and make it! You don't know my whole situation so before you run your mouth about shit you don'tknow maybe you should check yourself! Have you ever had to buy health insurance individually? Most likely not, it is VERY expensive and if you do find something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg it doesn't cover very much and has a high deductible! Ugh... some frickin people I swear! I wasn't looking for you to judge me or have you act like you know anything...

mrsmamaj

Comment by mrsmamaj (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2010