my husband deployed today

and i need some support im extremely upset im in ca. i only know oen person, we have two daughters and i have no family here. iM EXTREMELY SAD AND I NEED A FRIEND!
any good groups or people to speak to taht are dealing with the same?

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you on base where you are at? Get to the Soldier Service Center on base and get all the info on support, activities. Are your daughters in school or not? If they are babies, toddlers, or preschoolers there will be play groups provided by the family programs on base. Then you will also meet mothers. Get to know your neighbors as well.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• (((HUGS)))
    I know, it's so hard. My husband is ex military and his son has just come home from deployment to Afghanistan. His wife and new baby were left behind during the time he was away also. We tried to call all the time to check on her but I'm sure she was lonely. One thing that she did that I thought was SO COOL was that she planned a road trip, just she and the baby from VA (where they're stationed) to St. Louis (where we live). They stayed with us for a couple of weeks and up until then, we'd never even met our daughter in law or our granddaughter. We were VERY nervous for her to take that trip in a car by herself but she's brave and now I'm SO happy she did! We were able to send money to make the trip a little more comfortable for them. When they left our house, we were heart broken! Maybe when you feel better you can take a little road trip to visit your friends or family?
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 9:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• hugs

THANKS SO MUCH for letting your husband serve in the military for those of us that can't!

trish2tew

Answer by trish2tew at 9:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• thankyou guys for all the support and advice! i appreciate it, Im a pretty upset, our daughters birthday si tomorrow she will be 2, he will be gone for all the holidays. But man do i love him!
    any groups here to join?
    DiandraBryant07

Comment by DiandraBryant07 (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If you search in groups I'm sure you will find one. Hang in there sweetheart. Thanks to you and your husband.
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 9:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• well im not dealing with this but i hope you find friends to talk to & i hope everything gets better for you dont worry it will get better you will be ok hugs & lots of it
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010