home remedies for gas...hurry!

dd woke up screaming and can't get comfy...at first i assumed it was her overtired, but then i found out it was gas...i have ds asleep, her screaming, dh at work...and i can't find my gas drops! i can't run to the store...anything i can do??? she's 2

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is she? You can mix some sugar in warm water. It works just as well as gas drops, so I have always been told. The other suggestions above are great too.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• lie her on her back and bend her legs so that her knees go up to her chest. you can also use her legs in that position to rock her side to side. my hubby massages the tummy and that passes it through, but i can never do it as good as him.... maybe he has magic fingers. you could try that too though. gl

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Massage the belly, start at the belly button and work your way in a circle. Also try gently pushing her knees to her chest, sometimes that helps it move too.
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Sit her up, her back to your chest. Place a soft blanket or pillow against her stomach, and pull her knees up, so they're bent. The blanket should apply a gentle pressure to her stomach, and your lifting her knees should help her body push the gas along. It worked for my son every time when he was a baby...not sure about 2yrs old tho. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Do you have peppermints? If they have peppermint oil than that will help.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• princess i've tried that and all she does is scream and scream. i got some gas out but not much...i just gave her motrin for the pain...and to help her sleep...she didn't have a nap today and was up really early, she's exhausted.
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Sorry, she is 2. I bet she is more tired than anything. But sugar water helps in many ways....it also releases endorphins in the brain to promote "happiness" and help calm. If I were you I would try anything LOL Put a spoonfull in some water for her.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• thanks 2blonde i'll try it
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• the warm sugar water with messaging of the belly worked wonders! thanks ladies, she's finally asleep!
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• peppermint tea with some sugar ... warm
    shastamarie

Answer by shastamarie at 9:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010