my 9 monthold doesnt eat much solid foods at all i dont know what to do can someone tell me what their 9 month old eats on a daily basis

she only eats a couple bites once a day if that someone help

hgrace2226

Asked by hgrace2226 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• so she only eats baby food, if and when she eats??? my son use to eat baby food like there was no tomorrow but then when he was around 8 months old maybe a little older, he wanted nothing to do with. finally i figured out he didnt want to be feed he wanted to feed himself. so we started table food. try giving her canned veggies and fruit, thats what i started with my son, now he eats tuna, chicken, ground beef, pancakes waffles, spaggetti, golash, you name if it is soft he eats it. i hope that helps, if not i'm sorry.
    Anonymous

• My son is 8 months old. He has only had solids a few times. Some pediatricians will say that babies shoulds be eating everyday and some say everyday 3 times a day. Babies really do not need solids for the first year. The breastmilk/formula should be enough. Your baby is just fine. Children go at their own pace. Your baby is just fine. Do not worry. As long as you are giving your baby breastmilk or formula and the doctor does not seem worried about how she is growing then it is okay.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My girl is 11 mos but at 9 mos she was already on table food 3 times a day and at least 1 snack. She ate 1 egg and a slice of bacon for breakfast. 2 folded sandwiches for lunch. 1 chicken leg and a serving of veggies and a starch for dinner. Snack is breakfast cereal and banannas. Now she eats like 1 1/2 times that amount. I have a tiny girl too! She's only 18 lbs!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My son is 10 mo and he loves finger foods. Have you tried giving him some of the gerber stars to play with? It isnt important for them to have baby food quite yet as long as he is getting enough formula. Just try differnet foods, see what he likes. Be patient, he'll get there sooner or later
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 11:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Babies don't need anything but breastmilk or formula the first year for nutrition, it is only for experimentation. My son only started eating solid fOods around 10 months. At a year now he eats roughly 1 meal, snacks and nurses throughout the day. Don't stress if your baby just doesn't seem interested, listen to them.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 11:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008