Do you have a Trust fund in place for your child?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• no but i will get one
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:34 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• In this economy, heck no.. I had one for all three of them but unfortunately have had to dissolve them
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No, I would like to, but have no idea how you go about it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Hell no lol. I had over a thousand dollars saved up for my daughter (in a savings account) and then we had to move and use it to pay medical bills :( We'll have it saved back up before she's 18 though lol. Hopefully. It was going to be a graduation present.

Who can afford a trust fund? Seriously!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• LOL I thought the same as Ati, actually I said, Shit no way. We don't even have extra money to put in our own savings right now. Some day things will be back on track though. If you have enough money to have a trust fund, hooray for you!!! That's awesome.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not a trust fund...but a college fund. I want college paid for when he goes. My dh and I had have massive student loan debt and do not want that for him.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Wow . . . . same here as most everyone. Regardless of how tight (and believe me it's tight), I do have a life insurance policy that I pay on faithfully each month . . . i do not want my children to have the burden when my time comes.
    MsIrene05

Answer by MsIrene05 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yeah, I've been wanting to get one in place for my son, but money is tight, hopefully in the next five years we will be able to put something away or set up a Trust for my DS..
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No. But our Wills have a clause for a trust fund to be set up for our son if something were to happen to us.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We recently went through estate planning and upon our deaths, everything would go into trust to be divided equally among the kids with payouts at designated ages.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Sep. 22, 2010