How do you deal with people who are upset with you?

Someone asked my to go some where with them and I can't because I already had plans and now they are mad at me.

SuzetteAnn

Asked by SuzetteAnn at 9:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Is that person an adult here, or are they taking a trip back to high school? I would say don't deal with this person at all.
    HeatheranninSP

Answer by HeatheranninSP at 9:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• They are an adult. It is to their daughters birthday party, but I have a relatives birthday party to go to already. I can't do both. They want to go to the zoo for their daughters birthday I can't afford that.
    SuzetteAnn

Comment by SuzetteAnn (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Ignore them, you did no wrong
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 9:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Wait and they will get over it ...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I thought that the childish games where for high school. I don't need the drama. I have more important things to do like taking care of my family.
    SuzetteAnn

Comment by SuzetteAnn (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I hope so I do really like hanging out with them but I do have other things to do too.
    SuzetteAnn

Comment by SuzetteAnn (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If she is going to continue to be upset after you told her your issues with not being able to go then let her be for a few days and see if she gets over it. If not you don't need her.
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 9:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• just be honest with them say you had other plans & cant go they will understand & you can buy there daughter a gift & give to them before you go to your other plans
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• do worry about it.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It's your choice and since you can't be two places at once, they should understand. If they don't then it's their problem.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2010