If you're a mom, I need your opinion on something!

Ok...I am in the process of getting a divorce and will soon be moving with my kids. I am 36 yo and do in-home daycare/preschool and have for 12 years (before that I was a nanny and worked in several daycares). I am very good at what I do, have excellent references, don't smoke and keep a very clean house.

The only thing is that to get my kids in the school district that I want, I may have to rent an apartment for 6 months tops. Would you let this keep you from bringing your child to me? I would have tons of inside activities and there is a nice playground on the grounds. And it's in a very quiet, very safe small city/neighborhood. Again...this would be very temporary!

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• No if you have had an excellent clientel for ages then I don't think it matters.
    hjpmommy

Answer by hjpmommy at 9:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If they are already going to you and you are honest with me about what is going on and I'm happy with your care, I would contiue!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• as long as your place is big enough to accommodate the extra kids i would say it's ok. and you also have to get approval from your landlord

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Wouldn't stop me, personally, if there was enough room for the kids you would have and I liked you as my child's care provider.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It would depend on how many kids in what size space.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 9:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Better make sure that you can run an in home daycare from the place you rent before you sign the lease because you can bet that if it is an apartment complex - if someone doesn't like what you are doing, they will turn you in.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Personally I am more concerned with you in this situation. It would depend somewhat on the ages of the kids. I did both home and commercial daycare for years. It will not be easy even with alot of activities. With the housing market the way it is could you check with banks and property management companies to see if there might be any home rentals? In our area alot of people who can't sell are renting through agencies. If not, I would certainly check into other jobs, even part time for the interrum. I just think it might be an easier and better situation for everyone.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Personally, i dont care if you rent or own your residence. What's important to me is that you are a great caretaker of my children while I'm at work/school whatever. In this economy you can't judge someone's abilities to look after your children based on whether they rent or own.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No, it would not. If i had been with you for awhile and knew you....then no.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Nope, I would be more concerend about your background and how you are with my child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010