have you made your own curtains

i asked a similar question the other day, but i am wondering if anyone has pics of the curtains they have done. i bought my fabric today, we just recently moved and we dont have curtains yet, and want to get ready for the holidays.. so, anyone have pics of the curtains they've made
?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes I have...Everytime we move (and that's a lot) I make new curtains for my home. The ones you made previously don't fit the windows lol.
    Alysa505

Answer by Alysa505 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I do not have pictures. But the curtains in my kitchen and my nursery curtains were all hand sewn. I like my curtains to be longer than the actual window. Plus I like there to be extra fabric gathered above the curtain rod.....so where the opening is sewn for the curtain rod, I leave an inch of fabric above that to have that gathered look above. Does that make sense?
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No pics but make sure you measure measure measure. I made 3 sets and they were all too short. One very upset mommy.
    hjpmommy

Answer by hjpmommy at 9:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• hmm i'm so ashamed to admit that i don't know how to post a picture! but i made a curtain for my kitchen window out of a skirt of all things. i really love the fabric, but it made me look really fat, so i just cut it up and made a curtain lol. i put a liner behind it and hemmed the sides and the top. i didn't put a pocket in the top for the rod (because my curtain rod can't come out anymore.... long story lol). i used the rings with the clips on the bottom to hang it. everyone says they love it and they laugh when i tell them it used to be a skirt. i'll send you a pic via email (i do know how to do that lmao)

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have no pictures of any of the curtains that I have made & I have made several but I agree with hipmommy measure and then double measure for whatever reason it seems like when you make curtains they come out short. I have even made curtains for my grandkids rooms
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I wish I had taken pictures of my curtains. I made some really cute ones for our previous home. So cute, the buyers requested that they be part of the deal for buying the house...either that or they just didn't want to spend money to get new ones. LOL I agree with everyone else. Measure twice, cut & hem once.
    I'm thinking about making some Roman shades for our new house. I don't have experience with making curtains from a pattern. It might be an experience I regret. LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Lol @ Alysa505
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010