is 27 too young to have a low sex drive?

Well i just turned 27 in March, i have noticed that my sex drive is somewhere out the window, df & i do talk about having more kids but in order to have more kids we need to have sex, so why is it that im just not in the mood, we have sex about once a month, he tries to have it but im just not into it. its not him, i love him n all i just have no desire to have sex at all, i feel so bad when i turn him away, i make up excuses n when we do have it i dnt even enjoy it.whats wrong w/me? any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I was reading an article on the net that said that women who are stressed and not heating right have more of a lower sex drive than most. I would try taking ginseng supplement. It is a natural libido enhancer in women. Stress, fatigue, and time are all things that lead to a decreased sexual appetite, I would suggest google search for natural women libido enhancers. In the search you can find all sorts of things that can help target where your issues are coming from and from there its up to you. Hope this helps!
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 9:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• How's your health in general?
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Nope. Your sex drive is connected to your hormones which fluctuate all through your life. My sex drive left after I got pregnant with my oldest son and never came back... I'm 27 to. If' you are pregnant, have had a child, have thyroid issues, are dieting, just lost or gained weight, are breast feeding, are taking BC or if you're having any number of other things going on... Your hormones change and you can loose your libido... That's just the way it works.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Your sex drive will go up and down. I am 31 and have had a low sex drive for about the last 5 years. I will tell you that the more sex you have, the more you want. Join the SEX TIPS group to find some spicy fun things to try. My drive went down after my first child and really didn't come back until our life was more settled and less stressful. Good luck.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am 22 and I have an incredibly low sex drive. I always feel like it is a chore instead of something that should be enjoyed. I feel really bad about it, but I just have no interest in it. Not to disprove any theories, because I am sure diet and stress do have a lot to do with it, but I eat a very nutrient-rich, healthy vegan diet and try to remain fairly relaxed...
    Not quite sure what it is. But I'm just never into it. It's kind of a bummer.
    antigravity_x

Answer by antigravity_x at 11:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It happened to me after I had my first dd. Actually what you are describing sounds like something I could have written (I'm also 27). Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:11 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'd bet the farm that you have a deficiency of one or more key vitamins and minerals. Deficiencies of zinc, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, iron and vitamin C all affect overall mood balance and sex drive and more than 70% of post-childbirth women in this country are deficient to some degree in these vitamins and minerals. Pills aren't as effective as food sources and it may take a few weeks to a few months to correct a severe decifiency through increasing intake of dark green leafy vegetables, whole grains, sweet potatoes, sweet peppers, dried fruits, nuts and seeds, but it's worth trying. Exercise also plays a role in mood balance and sex drive.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I've had a low drive since I had my daughter in November 2006. I've only recently gotten some of it back. Part of it was due to my stress level and living situation of the last two years (one fed the other and vice versa). My hormones were still a bit out of "whack" from when I had my daughter. I've been trying to find a birth control that helps in libido. Dr. Drew said to one caller many months ago that BC high in estrogen is NOT what you want, but one that is high in progesterene is.  The Ortho Evra patch is a good one to use; I was on that before conceiving my daughter and we were <ahem> like bunnies.  After my daughte was born, I went back to my first form of BC (couldn't tell you the name of the pill right now).  I found Ortho-Cyclen and it seems to be doing fine.  Just make sure he understands what's going on and that you're doing all that you can to get your libido back.

_Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• They say women peak in their 30's but for me, I just never got there. Had a low sex drive for years and probably due to abuse I suffered when I was very young. I'm sure that caused a lot of my problems.
    Altotwo

Answer by Altotwo at 2:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2010