Silicone or water based or sensation lubrications? adult content

After answering a question on here about ways to spice things up in the bed room it made me wonder, what does everyone else prefer? I LOVE the silicone lubes. I don't like the water based ones. To me they are just sticky and nasty feeling. The silicone is extremely smooth and it stays on until you wash it off. It is great for in the showers too. As for the ones with the sensations, I like the ones that tingle or the ones for women to heighten the experience. I can't stand the heat ones. Anyone else try the KY his and hers or w/e its called? It did nothing for DH and I. We couldn't figure out what all the hype was about. lol

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 9:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• working at a sex store has its benefits... hehe. silicone is absolutely by far the greatest!!! gun oil is amazing, as well as ID Millennium or ID Velvet., and Wet has come out with an awesome hybrid lube (silicone and water based) called synergy. that is also amazing!!!
    aydensXmommy

Answer by aydensXmommy at 12:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You have to be careful with the silicone ones. If you are using a lot your body is absorbing some of the silicone and it's just like having a leaking silicone implant. They are great for handjobs or in the shower/bath/water, but not quite as safe as the water based ones. Honestly we rarely use lube, really only if we're doing anal or I'm giving him a handjob. He's pretty good at making sure I'm well lubed naturally ;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• oh, and as far as the KY crap goes, i stay very very far away from any KY product. a lot of our customers always complain about yeast infections when using lube. 98% of the time, they were using KY. it has quite a bit of sugar in it, and most women don't think about cleaning themselves carefully after using lube. just a heads up! :)
    aydensXmommy

Answer by aydensXmommy at 12:32 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• That KY His/Hers stuff is a topical L-Arginine supplement. Some people aren't affected by L-Arginine.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:47 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I haven't tried them, I like the water based.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You seriously need to try the silicone. Get the stuff called Gun Oil. Its in a bottle that looks like a bullet. It is so much better. It is also cheaper than some of the other silicone lubes. Totally worth trying.
    MizAnn

Comment by MizAnn (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i use both waterbased & silicone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I prefer water based products. Easier to clean up. The His/Hers stuff works really well as a lubricant and "accelerant" for activities. I just wouldn't use it for your back entry activities. ;) For that, I prefer Astroglide; much better than KY. If you have a high sensitivity down there, I would stay away with products that have menthol in them. I found out the hard way several years ago that I react badly.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I've heard the same about the KY stuff. We never use it anymore.
    MizAnn

Comment by MizAnn (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2010