Anyone here on bed rest or been put on bedrest?

I am 32 weeks pregnant today with my first baby...Hubby and I just saw my gynae and she put me on modified bedrest..reason being that my cervix is shortening and if it continues, this will put me into preterm labor..I must say Iam bummed out about this. I cant even do any housework or at least prepare the baby's room..I am just supposed to sit around or lay down most of the time....but I know this is for the best, for both my daughter and me. My question is, Is anyone out there in the same boat as me? or has ever been put on this kind of bedrest? if yes...did you have the baby on its due date or did the baby still come early?

thandojes

Asked by thandojes at 10:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no, baby came when it was supposed to, within the due-week, that is. pretty boring just lying around, huh? i hated it, too...got to catch up on lots of daytime tv, since i work fulltime.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• With my first child I had pre-eclampsia bad. I was on bedrest from my 5th month. It drove me batty. I learned to do a lot of things laying down. Counted cross stitch laying down is one way to build shoulder strength..lol. Mostly I read, napped, watched movies. I would have loved for laptops to have been around way back then. I was fortunate it was my first child so I didn't have to arrange for care of another child. My husband helped with the house. My son wound up coming 2 weeks after his due date, healthy as a horse.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I was put to bed rest on my last term. My son is a healthy 2 year old and I had the exact complication as you. Nothing to be bummed tho; its hard, but I look back and wish I had someone told me what I'm about to tell you. ENJOY THE REST AND TIME OFF because you will never experience that again. I love my son and would give my life for him, but it's one of those things one can't explain. You'll be fine, I only got up to go to the bathroom and I did cheat at times by cooking or cleaning. Take it easy tho, do as doctors says ok. I did gain lots of weight and I now teach Zumba. You can visit me at Zumbaintampa.com and read my bio. I do mention about my weight gain and motivation to lose it after having my son. So hope it all works out and congratulations. Just see this as an opportunity to lay down, get a cordless keyboard so you can go online and just treasure your off time before your life changes even better!
    Mymelody253

Answer by Mymelody253 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Im on bed rest right now I was put on it at 32 weeks because I have placenta previa I know how you feel. Im almost 36 wks now and im on it till I have my baby ive been useing this time to read the bible and outher books as well.and i have a netendo ds to keep me busy as much as it suxs you can do it if i can and you can use this time to rest and sleep before your baby comes because you wont get much once the babys here.
    Dorriansmom1984

Answer by Dorriansmom1984 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YR ANSWERS LADIES, REALLY BEEN HELPFUL
    thandojes

Answer by thandojes at 5:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2008