What do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?

Are you there yet? Are you working on it?

stringtheory

Asked by stringtheory at 9:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've JUST decided (and I'm 44 now) that I want to be a travel journalist. That sound like SO much fun to me and I'm really good at keeping detailed accounts of the out of the way places that we discover. Maybe now that my kids are almost grown, I can go on a road trip and never come home... lol I'll send them all post cards and let them know about the places I've been:-)
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 10:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i wanted to be a vet, but then i discovered i can't stand doing surgery or seeing blood, killing things, etc. so i got my undergrad degree, became a zookeeper, then got certified to become a teacher. now i'm a mom. i would say the zookeeper training prepared me the most for being a sahm lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think I am on my way, I was going to say a good Mom. I have been a Mom for years. I just hope they grow up and tell people I am/was a good Mom.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• A happy, loved grandma.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm being what I want to be a mom.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• a doctor, I'm not there, and I'm not working on it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• goodI want to be a work at home super mom!!! I am not there yet but I sure will be

mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 10:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• well i'm 60 . . . . so like the commercial "when i grow up, i want to be an old woman" . . . . i am almost there :)
    MsIrene05

Answer by MsIrene05 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• chef but its plan b. I already went to college for animal science and worked in a vet for a few years until i got pregnant with my son and became allergic and had to quit. Now I'm going back to culinary school because its what i wanted to switch to but my parents wouldn't let me so now im doing on my own and they have no idea. I will send them a graduation notice because they will tell me it's a dumb idea
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Good question! I wish I knew. I always wanted to be a chef- but aside from cooking for the family that's probably not going to happen! :) LOL
    josiesmom19

Answer by josiesmom19 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010