My doctor says the lining of my endometrium is thick does this mean i cant have a baby

i know i might be jumping the gun, i have a lot of PMS signs and i do track myself andi believe that i am ovulating.. but i have been reading that with a thick lining you might not be able to get pregnant, is there treatment, i keep seeing birth control, which,,,duh,.... wont help me get pregnant, i have to get a biopsy in 3 weeks which also scares the crap out of me, has this happen to you.. did you get pregnant..and how? please help im starting to worry myself..

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• what did he say you have?

me and my sister have endometriosis which they say can make you unable to conceive, but i got pregnant no problem and it took her 1 year of trying for her second, which is not outside the realm of 'normal'. my mother also had endometriosis, but she had 2 babies no problem too. it depends on the person and also what you are diagnosed with..... idk what that might be from your question.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree. It depends on the person. I have endometriosis and I was able to conceive after being on fertility medicine and having a very minor surgical procedure before each pregnancy. Also, after I had my c-section, they endometrosis wasnt too bad that they were able to remove it and I conceived again without any fertility medicine. So its not impossible. I would ask your doctor about possibly trying to remove the scar tissue and then seeing if you can get pregnant with help of fertility medicine.
    Nathans_mom0612

Answer by Nathans_mom0612 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Endometrial hyperplasia...thick lining. Means too much hormones are producing too much lining in the uterus. It is different from endometriosis. I guess you will have to ask your Doctor about the pregnancy issues. I don't think it would be hard to get pregnant
    If you had endometriosis,then it would be really hard to get pregnant. That was my daughter's problem and she is still trying to get pregnant. She and her husband are almost ready to adopt instead.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010