Military moms-I need help please!

There's a possibility that my dd and I will be moving across the country. Her dad will stay here. He is totally ok with the idea-I need the support of my family, and he needs to stay here to take care of his mom (she's old and he's her only child). How do you and your husband do to make sure the children have a relationship with their dad while he is so far away and gone so long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• My daughter spent half of her life with out her dad. She is 4 now. She picked out pictures that she liked of them or us together and just of him. Then we picked our favorite pictures of us for him. Then we made little photo albums that they could take where ever they went. We also got on Walmart.com and ordered her one of the bears with the picture on it. She packs that around even when he is home. She calls him her Daddy Bear. We also recorded him telling her stories and did video chats and phone calls as much as we could. I really hope that it works out. Take care!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i simply say lots of pictures and vidoeo chatting will be beneficial
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 11:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm not a military mom, but I am an oil field mom. And while they are different, my husband is often gone for weeks or months at a time. The way we do things, is we do pictures, and phone calls, and when he is home we try and do more things as a family. And on occassion we have been known to drive to wherever he is for a few days to see him, even if it is only for an hour a night since he is working the rest of the time.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 22, 2010