Stink bugs?

Is anyone else having an infestation of the disgusting little armor-plated bugs? This year has been the worst for them here in SW PA.

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 9:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Did you see Channel 4 News yesterday? They were the big story... I never once saw them before this year, now we have to kick one out of the house at least every other day...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes, i see them alot too! i also have alot of lightening bugs which are good lol. much better than the stink bugs! the kids love them though lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am in South Central Pa and they freaking suck. I have no answers. I suck them up with my hand vac and toss 'em in my outside garbage before I go to bed. I despise them. My 19month old finds it hilarious to squish them and then I am left smelling the rotten cilantro like stench. Yuck!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yuk
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why couldn't it be an infestation of ladybugs? I like them and they don't smell bad.
    ceallaigh

Comment by ceallaigh (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• lol, my sister had an infestation of lady bugs. think about 250 lady bugs suddenly appearing on your cieling over your bed! freaked her out!!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• OMG YES! I'm in southwestern VA and they are EVERYWHERE!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Oh yes, they are really bad this year in SWPA! By accident, my Dad discovered a way to kill them w/o having to deal w/the stink. Spray them with Murphy's Oil Soap. I send my son out every evening with a spray bottle of it (mixed half or more with water) to spray the bugs down. Sometimes they die right away, but most times it takes a bit for them to die. Either way, a dead bug is a good bug.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:02 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• That's funny, we have them here in the So Cal desert, but we aren't infested or anything. I have noticed there are usually more around in the fall, but I haven't seen too many around just yet. They don't bother me - as far as bugs go, they are a lot less gross and scary then a lot of the other things around here!! (Tarantulas and scorpions and black widows and snakes - eek!)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:22 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• So weird you mentioned this., I just had one in my office and had one of our warehouse guys come kill it. He told me it was a stink bug...never heard or seen of one before. He took a swipe at it and it fell down the wall behind my desk. It crawled back up a few minutes later and I killed it with my paper weight...now it stinks a very weird stink in here! GROSS!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010